February 26, 2009

Vignettes










Some people have a talent for creating vignettes of things that fit together visually. I look at these and wonder what ideas went into creating the scene and how the objects were chosen- for their similarities or maybe their dissimilarities, such as the lace plastic modern basket beside an aged and worn scrapbook of lace doilies beside it. Vignettes are often a really personal collection of things that create a mood, which is why they appeal to me. I love seeing an assemblage of little favorites, sentimental objects or family photographs in the home- on a desk, bedside table or shelf. (photos: top two from stylist Katie Sellers; UK Country Living; Country Home magazine; photos 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 from stylist Stephanie Hanes)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have such lovely images! Endless inspiration brought me here and for that I am truly blissed! I have now added you to my favourites list! You are very welcome to pop by me at anytime!

Petit Elefant said...

So pretty. Glad you're back. ;)

Lin said...

so lovely :)

beauty comma said...

These are really gorgeous! I love the one with the globe, but they're all lovely.
Have a lovely weekend!
Trudi

Anonymous said...

They're so inspiring and imaginative. I also just wanted to say that I have you on my 'blogs i love' list! Your posts are so well thought out and put together. I really have been lured in to the amazing world of interiors! Thank you!

mn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mn said...

Thank you all for such kind comments and for reading!

C: thank you for adding me. I will definitely check out your blog.
Thingy: very cool, thanks for the add. And that is such a compliment- I really appreciate it.

d jane said...

I love your blog, I check it often and hope you will continue posting. Thanks for all the inspiration!
danika

You Are My Fave said...

Bah! The twinkle lights around the mirror and the navy/pink wallpaper! I'm in love.