July 27, 2009

A collection of country bedrooms












I was perusing bedrooms on Country Living's website, and I found some that caught my eye. Altogether they aren't too "Victorian B&B," but rather more like bedrooms you'd find in a country house- relaxed style, linen, vintage touches and handed down furniture and decorative objects. Nothing is too matching or too styled. I like the light use of florals- I'm always afraid of floral prints, but they manage not to convey a matronly or outdated style here, so I'm looking at how and where they should be used. (top photo and tenth photo down: House to Home magazine; last photo from an unknown source; all other photos from Country Living)

12 comments:

Blue Muse said...

I'm coming around to the floral prints, too - with all the oversized bontanicals I'm seeing lately - I really have fallen in love. I also love all those old landscape paintings over bed 2.
Happy Wednesday!
xo Isa

GoldTeeth said...

i have officially fallen in love with bed frames and makeshift headboards. my bedroom is far too small for a bed frame :(

Gaboushka said...

The antique shops in London are bursting with lovely old floral oil paintings probably done by somebody's Grandma. Very country bedroom!

Katrina said...

so lovely. and i agree... they are a great mix of vintage & modern, country & sparse. so dreamy.

Melkorka said...

beautiful - beds I love the styling in these - so inspiring thanks!

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

Love the tin ceiling...
-maria

Chichi and Luxe said...

hi i'm new to your blog but enjoy it much much!
i especially love the bedroom with the bare brick wall and chandelier. very whimsical and idyllic! :)

mn said...

chichi and luxe: thanks & i'm glad you found my blog! i love that bedroom too.

Anonymous said...

love your floral print...
learn to embrace my design with florals too..

Xoxo

fifi eleydrouz

http://thethistoresee.wordpress.com

Bochenko Artdeco said...

absolutely beautiful! I love beds on pic 4 and 6! stunning to me!

Room to Inspire said...

Beautiful rooms...I just love the one with the exposed brick wall - if only!

Chelsea

jamaica byles said...

Beautiful romantic collection.Love your taste!