October 12, 2007

French Find: Jeanne Bayol and Gypsy Style











There is something wonderful about someone who takes their very specific craft and makes it their own- and makes it into their livelihood. If you ever think that no one would be interested in your "niche," you're probably wrong. Take for example, Jeanne Bayol - créatrice extraordinaire who is passionate about l'esprit tzigane- (gypsy style). She restores old gypsy caravans and swaths them in bright colors, fabric and layers of decoration. Doesn't this make you want one? It would be like camping out in a fanciful mini technicolor palace...






You must check out her books, Les Roulottes and Vivre Bohême, ...There are more incredibly inspiring photos from these books at this flickr set. If you need an injection of color in your surroundings, definitely have a look! Or, order your own roulotte (caravan) at Les Verdines. (images: Jeanne Bayol; Les Verdines; Le Journal des Femmes).



4 comments:

Komodo said...

These vardos are wonderful! Everyone should have at least one.
Djanga Romnichel

Misty's Creations said...

I feel like I'm eatting wonderful chocolate! I have wanted a Vardo since I was a little girl. I wish with all my heart I could buy one...you don't need any dragons do you! I love them, maybe someday before I die!
Misty

Cynthia said...

Awesomeness!!!!

Unknown said...

We just bought a Cottage in the Dolomites. Everything we Be very modern, but the smallest Room in the Middle of the piece(the Heart will Be like this!!