August 30, 2008

Hanging art at home


via Elle Decor, by James Merrell




via Desire to Inspire, from Australian Vogue Living



via Skona Hem


via Abbey Goes Design Scouting, via Marie Claire Home

There are so many interesting ways to hang artwork on the walls. There's a way to balance between haphazard and organized, I think, but it takes a good eye. I'm drawn to eclectic arrangements with all different types of frames. But uniform black frames also make a statement. Sometimes you see that each piece of artwork isn't quite as important as the whole arrangement of art taken together. (uncredited photos from Country Home, Living Etc., Martha Stewart)

via the lovely blog StudiodaLu



I also like the combination of graphic objects and things like letters combined with framed art.
(photos: Country Home, Living Etc.)

domino, December 2005

domino
Simply hanging empty frames can be interesting too.

10 comments:

Rowena said...

I love your collection of images here. Very inspiring.

Maybe I just like collections...

Frames, graphic letters, stones, pictures. Pictures of those things. :)

Jane Flanagan said...

I love the framed contact sheets!

SimplyGrove said...

Great post!!! The images are lovely:)
Come over to my blog for a giveaway! You will like the prize!

Anonymous said...

You have quite a collection here. Most of these I haven't seen yet. Thank you for sharing.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oooh.....I want my own gallery wall. I esp like that James Merrell one!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

WOW there is so much inspiration on your blog!! I'd love to exchange links with ya, let me know...Im sure my readers will love your blog too! : )
This post is great, I love hanging things up in a similar way...

Thanks!

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

mn said...

hi, thanks for reading and for your comments! this was a fun post to put together.
rowena, I'm always drawn to collections of like things, too.

No.35style said...

I have been wanting to do a gallery wall. I love the 2nd image.

Fifi Flowers said...

Great collection of hanging frames... I"m going to add this post to my favorites... thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post we are working on our own clusters of photos in our spare room and this helped so much! LOVE your blog!