September 29, 2008

Feminine decor











I'm going through a phase where I swoon over rooms that are decidedly feminine. I think this was brought on because I'm trying to figure out how to infuse some feminine charm into my own rooms- kind of tricky when my husband's style, which is cool in itself, leans toward the heavier side with accents of steel accessories and darker-colored 40s and 50s retro relics. Softly-colored walls, elegant drapes, sparkling chandeliers and French antiques are calming and pretty and make me feel at home. Maybe an antique French chair with curved lines, a crystal vase kept filled with flowers- something to bring lightness in- could work to counterbalance? It's a challenge. I don't want to fill the space with pink and frills, but there must be a way to add some ladylike charm? (photos: top- designer Suzanne Kasler; Southern Accents; Oct. 2008 House Beautiful; Domino)

12 comments:

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi, I like how each of these photos seem to have at least one piece of delicate furniture. I really love the bright colors and large expanses of white or neutrals.

Anonymous said...

Some wonderful inspiration :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi MLN-

I'm sorry for writing to you here, but couldn't find an email address on your blog anywhere. ;)

I wanted to email you to let you know about Crown & Crumpet (www.crownandcrumpet.com) a new tea salon in San Francisco. I think- judging from your blog- that you would LOVE it.

I would be happy to email you images and more should you like. Just let me know.

All my best,
Melissa

STYLE RUMORS said...

i love the colors.Great inspirations.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

sigh....sublime. And that's a Moroccan wedding blanket in the pic with the pink pillows, just like the ones I sell:)

Rikke said...

Wow i really love your pictures and your style:)

mn said...

Rikke, thank you for the compliment. And thanks for reading!

TIG said...

Such a lovely collection of rooms -- fear am the same, always leaning toward decidely feminine rooms with French antiques and softly pink walls . . .

Jane Flanagan said...

I thought I was over the zigzag rug - but this has reignited my passion!

Gaboushka said...

What a beautiful post!

I love feminine decor - your blog is just great, I've been trailing others for hours and I love yours!

mn said...

Thanks, Gaboushka. Yours is a lovely blog as well!

Victoria Bellow said...

I LOVE it! The combination of light blue, green, and neutrals!the touch of pink, Everything is sooo perfect!love your post and your style.thanks for sharing. :)