January 12, 2010

Milk Deco favorites







I really like peeking inside real homes that aren't completely styled perfectly- which meant I was thrilled when I discovered Milk Deco last year. (From Milk Magazine, the French childrens' style magazine). Not that thought, preparation and cleaning up didn't happen before these shots were taken, but these photos still manage to capture a sense that you're seeing real homes in which families, which children, live. All the furniture doesn't match, and everything you see couldn't have been bought in a day. Love the cute, quirky styles, especially in childrens' rooms. These photos are from a few different homes, so they aren't all from one series. (From Milk Deco Issue 2, Nov . 2008)

11 comments:

Charlotta Ward said...

Oh I completely agree with you. All this fabulous mix matching makes me so happy. Creates such nice tension between the items and makes for much more interesting homes than those that are styled to perfection!

Lovely picks!

xCharlotta

P.S. Your blog is lovely and I can see it will keep me content and engaged for many hours to come.. :)

Sarah said...

Love this! Thank you for introducing me!!!!

Rikke said...

Wow - i love all your beautiful inspirational pictures in here!!!
Thank you soo much for sharing:)

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Thank you so so much for sharing, these are incredibly beautiful!

mn said...

Thank you all for your nice comments! Happy I could share these.

Unknown said...

Love!

Splendid Willow said...

Came here via Purple Area. LOVE that first image! Mixing old with new is so my style and then to add something unexpected at the end - Bingo! The different colored seats make me want to tackle my own dining chairs. Thank you for giving me a weekend project! Cheers from Seattle! Monika

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I love to read stories like that. Just add some pics :)

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

I love home tours in magazines...wish we had more magazines like this here in the USA....Thanks for posting! :))

Jen Ramos
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

ale said...

hola!!!this is so beautifull!!thanks for sharing all this!!is a party for my eyes!!!besos !!

Anonymous said...

Here in the States and wish I knew how to get lovely and reasonably priced dining chairs from here to you in UK. Quite a dilemma.
How do I get Milk Deco? Love the photos!
Great blog!