July 2, 2012

Salvo Fair architectural flea market







 






A couple of weekends ago I got to go to the "world's largest" architectural salvage fair, held out in Berkshire, not far from London.  There was a variety of mostly large pieces: doors, floorboards, windows and other stone fragments and oddities taken from buildings, churches or barns that would be ideal if you were renovating a house from top to bottom! In no way was it the world's largest, however there was an interesting selection. Motivated hunters like my friends and I schlepped through the muddy field to try to find some deals or rescue a piece worthy of taking home. I almost left with a 1950s rocking horse, but it needed a bit too much work to be safe for my childrens' room. My friends found some old wooden crates and steel baskets that will find new uses in their flats.

p.s. I also made this raspberry tart, aiming to feel summery despite the gray skies and damp ground! It was delicious.

1 Comment:

Dette said...

I like your blog very much!

Dette