January 10, 2008

Alicia Bell


Usually I don't write about fashion in this blog. But I found a new (to me) designer, which I absolutely love. I really like the romantic fabrics, the '40s-style shapes- all of it is deliciously pretty. Alicia Bell is known for her tailored button-up shirts out of soft cotton with pleated cuffs that fan out. (She used to work with Vivienne Westwood, and I can see the influence.) She also practices the lost art of custom-making blouses. But her website shows her design talent in other pieces like the less-tailored tops and fancy dresses. I haven't seen them in any shops, however. Anyone know where to find the dresses?

4 comments:

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

i also wish i knew where to find her dresses, love this post and her style is quite nice. Funny though, is that her in the shots?
looks like it could be....

:)

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards'
www.madebygirl.com

nikole said...

really cute.

Anonymous said...

Saks. I love Bell. I have one of the shirt dresses, and I have to tell you-- I could wear that thing every freaking day!!!

No.35style said...

So cute and I like the house the photos were taken in.