October 23, 2009

New Orleans Style- Angele Parlange











Lately I'm loving a mix of New Orleans/ French decor everywhere I can find it! I found one dose of this style via this creative NOLA designer, Angele Parlange. Her colorful fabric choices and the way she's interjected not-too-serious things into her antebellum home make it personal and unique. It's a bit more relaxed the way she mixes things up, which is a more acheivable style in the real world (for me, at least). I also think that's just the perfect room of books, don't you? I mean, with so many books at arms' reach from the bed, well, it could be tempting to just not leave.

These images come from her book, Creole Thrift. I loved looking through this book at the bookstore when it came out, though to my regret, I didn't buy it. I should have gotten it while I had the chance, because I can't find it in London! It is full of of personal memoirs and stories collected along with snapshots of her family's life.

6 comments:

Amber said...

This home is delicious. Oh how i yearn for a garden castle hideaway like the one depicted here. Truly lovely. Thanks for sharing

nevin said...

So cute...

Lizzie said...

Man, you have the best blog.

Chris said...

I've just discovered Angele and her book Creole Thrift at the Library, So much fun and Thank you for your designing blog.

Kim said...

I found her book tucked away in book store and bought it. It is a delight. I read it over and over again..and besides I love anything New Orleans. Angele Parlange is a great savvy entrepreneur.

Nancy said...

Where are the photography credits?