October 19, 2009

Allessandro Twombly's home in Italy






A few snippets from the 1800's farmhouse home of Allessandro Twombly (Cy Twombly's son), north of Rome. I think the simple, antique furnishings leave room for the eye to appreciate the art and the space. They renovated the rooms and decorated it simply with berber rugs, carvings from their travels and Empire furniture passed down from family. The neutral wood colors are a fitting background for the bright red and orange Cy Twombly paintings, don't you think? I think the small photos don't do the home justice- it is just beautiful, really.

His wife, Soledad, mentions she prefers to have more space and therefore hasn't crowded it with furniture. I think that's interesting; I have an empty wall that probably could use furniture but for now, I'm just keeping it empty because I like the luxury of a few spare square feet of space! This probably comes from living in small-ish city apartments. (from Elle Decor 2009, phographed by Miguel Flores-Vianna)

4 comments:

That's Not My Age said...

Wow cool dad, cool house! I dream of a holiday home like this...

Porchlight Interiors said...

So beautiful! Love the bursts of colour in the neutral rooms! Tracey xx

Anonymous said...

simply beautiful, very chic yet non-pretencious..i can´t stop from looking at these photos...love it! Nine xx

Anonymous said...

simply beautiful, very chic yet non-pretencious..i can´t stop from looking at these photos...love it! Nine xx