December 11, 2009

Small style from Emily Chalmers






I'm sure most of you have read about or seen sylist Emily Chalmer's work through her books, Flea Market Syle, Contemporary Country and Table Inspirations, as well as her charming East London shop, Caravan. She is an inspiration- she always coming up with something unusual for her shop, and every time I pop in, I get new ideas from the way she has fashioned objects into a decorative scene. Not to mention, Emily herself is just a kind person who goes out of her way for her customers. Well, she's at it again with this ingenious little dollhouse I saw in January's Elle Decoration.
Emily and wallpaper designer Deborah Bowness designed this incredible dollhouse together and the detail is remarkable! I can't imagine where they found all the little bits, but it looks like a house you might really want for yourself instead of just for play!
Click on the photos to see more in a larger size. (Photos by Debi Treolar)

5 comments:

Vintage Living Magazine said...

Wow! Unbelievable work! So accurate, detailed and beautiful. Almost makes you want to shrink down and spand some time there.

Thanks so much for sharing. :-)

Shannon

That's Not My Age said...

Fantastic! And yes, I know Emily she is a talented and lovely person.

lulu said...

I bought Elle Decoration today and was inspired to retrieve my huge old dolls house from the spare room and have put it in the lounge and shall be re-decorating it and making it look festive! Thank you for such a wonderful inspiration (and excuse to stop christmas shopping!) :)

Unknown said...

this is DARLING! how cool.
xox

Sarah said...

I loved this dolls house in Elle Deco and have been inspired to go and buy a dolls house for myself! Thanks for the lovely article-I could not find too much on the house and was pleased you had written about it. I have linked to you in my post today so thanks afain!