March 22, 2010

French home in the Paris suburbs



I loved April's issue of Marie Claire Maison! So many inspiring spaces. Here are a few photos of the home of Christophe and artistic director Valerie. They used flea market treasures here found at Clignancourt, and they made cushions and coverings with textiles from the famous Montmartre fabric shop, Marché Saint-Pierre.  Their terrace is my favorite space of the day, likely because I'm dreaming of terrace-friendly weather! (photos from Nicolas Matheus in Marie Claire Maison April 2010)

9 comments:

Patty said...

I love how the decor in this house is simple but bold, truly a work of art!

design traveller said...

I like the colour palette in the interiors. Nice!

MB said...

That's my dream...to shop at flea markets in Paris and then drag all my lovely finds back across the channel. One day...

Lynne said...

That man in the bowler hat is freaking me out! The rest is lovely though.

Fabien said...

I found your blog jumping from ffffound , as your marie claire pages scan werre faetured there... I want to introduce you to our home decoration workspace, as I think you will like it... We werre publish in the recent french Elle decoration. Tell me if you need any french magazine...

http://www.harmonie-interieure.com

Things That Inspire said...

I love seeing homes from Europe - such a beautiful aesthetic.

Emma said...

The top one is just SOOO coool! I lived in Paris for a year, a long time ago. Still miss it. Hoep to go back soon, not to live again at teh mo, but jus to visit. Happy easter. x

vicki archer said...

It is such a gorgeous house...thank you for showing it and have a happy Easter, xv.

klausandheidi said...

what a lovely house. I like how they've managed to make the office / work space area seem informal and blend in with the rest of the room.