March 19, 2010

Ina & Matt: a Dutch design team


This one below is actually a birth announcement. Click the photo to see it larger.
I do enjoy seeing what designers from other countries come up with because they start from such a different vantage point than my own. I was introduced to the work of Dutch design group Ina & Matt on this lovely blog.  They are Ina Meijer and Matthijs van Cruijsen, architects and designers who have created and designed everything from barns in the country to restaurant concepts to corporate events and birth announcements.  Their style is relaxed, primitive/country and colorful. Check out some of the spaces they've designed on their site to see more.

8 comments:

Paula Jo @ home decor garden accents said...

Just beautiful pictures. I love the big beams in the big and long room. Very unique. The Dutch design team is magnificent.

A Perfect Gray said...

that kitchen space is wonderful...

custardbydesign said...

what a unique design team...i liked the grey storage wall that hid the staircase...

i'm glad the staircase wasn't made to be something more than it is...

i think i'm over that...

mn said...

Paula Jo: the big beams is what drew me too. I love them.
Perfect Gray: agreed. I'm in love with that kitchen.
custardbydesign: I hear you. It's unique the way they hid the staircase- a very cool idea.

Things That Inspire said...

Love that natural looking wood. Why wasn't that around when I decorated my house 13 years ago? I looked and looked, but all I could find was brown wood products.

MB said...

I'm all about those beautiful beams too! They are so lovely, almost like having giant trees inside. Love it! Thanks for sharing and hope you are enjoying the warmer weather:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

very cool space