March 9, 2010

More eclectic nests from Milk Deco



These photos are from the Gramercy Park, New York City home of Carin van der Donk, owner of Sons and Daughters a now-closed East Village shop.
**About that interesting ceiling chandelier in the first photo- it is a special order from Lindsey Adelman using hand-blown bulbs. If you like that, you simply must check out her work here. Her lights are amazing!





These four photos are from the home of Laurence Gautier and Gabrielle Soyer, in a suburb of Paris. They fill their house with souvenirs from their flea markes and antique store hunts. The article says the house is just not big enough to hold all their finds! Hmmm, I know how that feels, although my house is much smaller.





This set of five photos above is from a French visual artist's home in Tangier. Yto Barrada grew up in Tangier and says she has her grandmother's sense of style in that she loves "antique flowers and lace, collecting dresses and fabrics, accumulating and juxtaposing."
And I thought this little old-fashioned sleeper couch was interesting. The photos was from a home in Utrecht. (all photos from Milk Deco Issue No.3, Oct. 2009)

13 comments:

ale said...

lots of inspiration!!!!thanks for shARING these beautys!!besos!

Carola Zajdman said...

This post is great, love it !!!

Unknown said...

too much beauty! i love every single shot! i could happily move in to every room. gorgeous!

MB said...

I love the contrast of the dark painting on a white wall above a white fire place. Very dramatic and elegant.

Christina @ greige said...

So excited to find you! Love the picture of the fireplace with the little one and the dog!

Christina

Amber said...

I love all of your eclectic nests photos! Where can I find Milk Deco magazine? Thanks!!

Splendid Willow said...

Found my way here via the lovely Nelya (Head over Heels). I can understand that she said "be prepared to drool"! I feel at home here!

+ some of your images convinced me that a gigantic world map is a must for my little Prince's bedroom.

ox Mon

Lilouka pour JojO said...

Je suis ravie de découvrir votre joli blog,
et je suis très touchée que vous ayez mis un lien avec JojO .
à très bientôt

mn said...

Thank you all for your comments!

Splendid Willow: Glad to know how you found me. What a sweet compliment. I am so glad if my blog makes anyone feel at home.

Amber: I'm not sure where to find Milk Deco in the U.S. but in London I find it at a local newsagent shop that happens to carry some French magazines. If you're in the U.S. I'd try Barnes & Noble- mine in NYC used to have Milk magazine. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Lilouka: Merci! Votre blog m'a fourni beaucoup d'inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Yes yes yes, your blog is just soooo wonderful and gives me a lot of energy!

A footprint from Sweden by Agneta

Hena Tayeb said...

love the lighting in the first image..

Tiina said...

such beautifl images! i love the lamp!

thank you for sharing and welcome to visit my blog!

Tiina
http://elcestockholm.blogspot.com

JennyD said...

Dear All, You can find MilK Deco in my shop www.littlebigmagazine.com/shop. We're based in the UK but ship worldwide...

Jenny D
LittleBig