July 24, 2010

Vintage textiles at home



I enjoyed a peek inside this Suffolk farmhouse home (Country Living, Aug. 2010). The owners are Sara and Hugh Petre, who have a vintage textile upholstery company. I like the way they've incorporated their collection of textiles into their home. Below are a couple of examples from their company's website, which shows examples of their style in reupholstering antique furniture. (photos: Claire Richardson in UK Country Living)

It's great how old textiles on old furniture seem to give it new life! These are from the Covelli Tennant website. They also make decorative cushions out of silk scarves, vintage trim, antique flags and embroidered bits of fabric. I've seen the silk scarf cushions in person and they're really beautiful.

 
 love this vintage Paris map scarf cushion!

8 comments:

Julie said...

oh. I am so in love with vintage textiles. Love cushions.

Julie

Karen said...

Hello! I just wanted to say how enamoured I am with this blog! Thank you for sharing all your beautiful discoveries... It is so inspiring. As an aesthete I have loved going through the entries and devouring all the beauty in them.

xx Karen, UK

Mary @ RoomPolish said...

these are too fun! I love the union-jack bunting in the first image. My Country Living better get here soon! Thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

I love the union jack pillows. Beautiful.
Thank you for sharing

heidi said...

i like the use of pattern on the dinning chairs, plain one side with bold pattern on the back.

mn said...

Karen, thank you for reading and for your encouraging comment!
Mary, I hope I made it clear it was UK Country Living! But then maybe that's the one you are expecting!

Thanks, all for your comments. I enjoy any feedback on my posts!

Sommergarten said...

Wow, absolutely lovely... Thanks for sharing!

Ashley said...

Can you please tell me where I am able to find those silk scarf pillows? I didn't seem to have any luck when going to the link in the post. Could you please point me the right direction? Thanks!