October 14, 2009

Artist Jean Sonnet







Jean Sonnet is a French artist whose expression is through found objects. "The value of the objects isn't what matters; it's the visual impact that's important," he says. The photos resonate with us probably because he chooses humble, daily objects that become poetic in their arrangement. The photos, he believes, address emotion more than reason. (photos from Marie Claire maison Sept. 2009)

His work reminds me slightly of the work of one of my favorite bloggers, Jeska from Lobster & Swan (and Record the Day).

from Lobster & Swan's etsy shop

Also it makes me think of another talented artist whose work is on etsy, Lush Bella.

These three photos are from Lush Bella's etsy shop and Flickr page. I love her work: simple, refined and interesting.

1 Comment:

Karyn said...

So lovely. I love art that looks as if you can touch it.